Here are a few suggestions of activities and sightseeing to do nearby:
Lac d' Apremont
- Just a 5 minute walk from our house. Popular in the summer for bathing, having a picnic, or just relaxing on the man-made sandy beach. 7.5km in length, you can hire boats to explore its beauty, enjoy water sports or fishing. The Cabannon resturant is opposite the lake area.
Château d' Apremont and the Water tower
- The 16th century Château d'Apremont is the dominant feature of the village and worth a visit along with the local Water tower which has a lift that takes you up to 80 metres for panoramic views of the countryside.
- The Vendée has miles of sandy beaches and dunes. The closest are just 20 minutes drive away.
Adventure and Water Parks
- A number of parks for children and adults alike are within a reasonable travelling distance. We can recommend the Atlantic Tobaggan at St Hilaire de Riez and enjoyed each occasion. Went to the Grand Defi adventure park in 2019. Great fun swinging through the trees for all the family.
Puy du Fou
- Friends have told us its a fantastic experience. Apparently it's the second most visited park in France after Disneyland.
Vide Greniers (Boot fairs)
- There's usually at least one vide grenier somewhere nearby during the summer on a Saturday or Sunday.
- There are a number of 'Vendee Velo' cycle routes in and around the nearby countryside, or like we do, you can take a leisurely ride through the quiet country lanes or along miles of coastline.
- A lovely city experience only an hour's drive, or you can drive to Challans railway station, park for free and then travel by train and tram. Plenty to do and see, plus the pleasant little back streets with ample restaurants of various worldy cuisines found close to Gallery La Fayette.
- Miles of countryside or coastline for the enthusiasts (or casual walkers alike). For example wonderful stretches between St Gilles Croix de Vie and St Hilaire de Riez, or around Bretingnolles sur Mer. Nearer to home, Lac du Jaunay is very picturesque as are some of the local parks, such as in Aizenay and Challans. And of course, around Apremont itself.
Les Vieux de la Vieille, Le Cabanon, Restaurant le Centre are within walking distance. Further afield, there are many places to eat. The seaside towns like St Gilles de Croix have a good choice which includes favorite local summer dishes like moules and frites. Further away, but worth a visit, Nantes has some really good places to eat, whilst shopping or sightseeing. Plus there's also a good choice in La Roche sur Yon and Challans.
There are plenty of annual events in and around Apremont :-
* Vintage car rallies
* Firework displays
* Music festivals
* Motorcycle rallies
* Vide Greniers
* Food and drink festivals
* Ramblers tour events
* Fishing competitions
For questions or further guidance, please do get in touch.